Thursday, February 3, 2011

Illustration Friday: Surrender



Well...the first things I thought of, with the Illustration Friday topic of 'Surrender', were some kind of 'Gunsmoke' shoot-out scene from the Old West; or a Bank Heist interrupted (he-he); or A Woman, blonde & beautiful, swooning over god-knows-who.... But those are just too cliche for me. 

It took a ton of time to come up with this idea; yet, it was right under my nose (in my past experience): The type of 'Surrender' that so many people are so familiar with, when we submit to, & go, EVERY BLASTED DAY, to a job we do not like! Or even hate! The 'Cubicle Life', made so popular by the comic strip, 'Dilbert'. And, as with 'Dilbert', we watch the clock...all day! And the deadening sameness, routine, drudgery of it all. If that isn't 'Surrender', I don't know what is.

I've 'Been there, Done that' and am so Grateful to not have to 'Surrender' in this way nowadays! To those who are in this situation now (& you know who you are): take heart! This too shall pass...

No comments:

Post a Comment